The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, David Cameron, repeats in answer to the question why Israel is allowed to have nukes, but Iran is not allowed the old propaganda lie again, that Iran has said that "Israel must be wiped off the map", but this was the incorrect translation, because the iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said (quote): "...the Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."
Wikipedia (quote): "Arash Norouzi says the statement "wiped off the map" was never made and that Ahmadinejad did not refer to the nation or land mass of Israel, but to the "regime occupying Jerusalem". Norouzi translated the original Persian to English, with the result, "the Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time." Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, agrees that Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as, "the Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)." According to Cole, "Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian." Instead, "he did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse.""
- Iran has signed the Non-Proliferation Treaty of Nuclear Weapons (NPT).
- Israel has not signed the NPT.
- Iran has always allowed inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- Israel has never allowed inspections.
- Iran has always declared that they don´t need and don´t want nuclear weapons.
- Israel has nuclear weapons.